- If unable to attend a field trip, please call the person coordinating the trip ASAP. Some places require a certain number to attend and/or prepayment, so please keep that in mind.
- Please be 10 minutes early to each field trip. We need to show the tour guides that we are respectful of their time.
- Do not allow your children to run, shout, or engage in horseplay. Remember, we not only represent homeschooling, we also are ambassadors for Christ. We may be the only Bible some people ever read.
- Children should be respectful of all adults that give instructions or correction.
- Be polite at all times. Do not argue with guides about controversial subjects you might not agree with. If you hear something in opposition to your beliefs, discuss it with your children at a later time. Teach your children how to discern truth from error.
- Be sure to have your children show appreciation and properly thank tour guides after the tour. Remember people from companies and organizations take precious time from their workday to meet with us.
- Remember to have your children properly fed before outings. A child who is hungry is less likely to enjoy the field trip and will behave in less than desirable ways. Before the trip, you may want to research the subject, do a unit study on that subject, or compile a list of questions you may wish to ask the guide.